Thursday, February 9, 2012

tell me, daisy


Should I?  Should I not?  Should I?  Should I not?  Should I? 
Should I not?

















Should I start a book club? 

I'm weighing it, sitting on the stoop despite the chill, plucking petals off a perfectly beautiful daisy.  I want to!  I'm scared to!  I want to!  I'm scared to!  I want to!  I'm scared to! 

Let me explain... 

My life is filled with people I love.  They are wonderful.  They are smart and accomplished and generous and I enjoy every minute I spend with them.  But they don't know of Bill Buford. 

Is he writing a book about his time in French kitchens?  Will Gabrielle Hamilton write another masterpiece?  Will Simon Hopkinson offer us Burnt Chicken? 

No one around me speaks this language and Spoke can only take so much... 

I want to design a club which is first and foremost about the writing; food writing in many forms. 

It's tricky, such a book club.  Who would want to join? 

Most importantly, will we be on the same page?



No comments:

Post a Comment