Monday, July 7, 2014

hot day in a cool cafe









The photos pretty much speak for how I spent my Sunday afternoon.  

I claimed a few hours to myself in this cozy place called rise n*1.  It's a souffle restaurant and this twinkling centerpiece which seems to rise high like a souffle, is my favorite fixture. 


You can choose how to spend an afternoon here; seek refuge in a corner, enjoy the sunny patio, even sit on the couch or in an easy chair.  There's a couple of bar options too; the classic which has a window open to the patio or the even smaller counter positioned in front of the ovens where you can watch the many souffles in all their stages to greatness.  

















I did several of those things today.  I contemplated purchases from the sitting-shopping area, watched the ramekins in the oven, talked wine and souffles with Jennifer at the bar, enjoying a refreshing, dry rose I'm thrilled she recommended.  













Esther brought me bread while Pete and I talked about cameras.













Rob the bartender arrived and we discussed life in Dallas.  













Esther recommended the salmon souffle.  Thank you Esther!


rise n*1 was everything I wanted it to be today.  I look forward to another experience another Sunday afternoon.  Or quiet Tuesday evening.  Or bustling Saturday night. . .





 


rise n*1,  Lovers Lane, Dallas 


No comments:

Post a Comment