Wednesday, February 14, 2018

first valentine's day (uh-maybe)

 















Being in love with HER, I signed in my card, is at times, enormously overwhelming, but exactly where I want to be.

We're so good together; such opposites yet two peas who I think, but by the grace of God, landed in the same pod. 

I could but I won't explain or defend this relationship beyond saying some days, even good ones, do puzzle me, and others test me, yet they all are happy beyond expectation and measure. Days are hours and hours are minutes and within, she and I have few unconnected seconds.

So yes, WE are the elephant still present in the joyful rooms filled with family and friends. It's as though, if we don't talk about it, maybe it will go away. 

Doubtful.

That's my heartfelt hope this Valentine's Day.
 




Photograph 2016 John Drysdale
2016 Graphique de France Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment