Tuesday, November 23, 2021

thunder and lightning

Sitting here in the wee hours, I don't want to cry but it happens.

I used to tell Spoke what it was like to feel a period coming on... "It's like a storm is building," I'd say. "You feel it coming and you wish it would just get here already; the sooner the better, so then it'll be gone."

That's what these days leading up to Thanksgiving feel like. Six years he's gone, this time. Six, the average number of my heavy menstrual days. HaHaHa.

But I am happy today. So happy! Never thought I would be. That I could be... 

There are people I wish could be happy for me. No joke.

Breezy (as I call this Love-of-Mine who makes me genuinely laugh), and I are popping into a church the day after this holiday, to light candles. For Spoke, for Hyme, for Frances, and for so many others. Too, too many others. 

Note: 40% chance of storms. But of course. HaHaHa.



No comments:

Post a Comment