Sunday, March 31, 2024

peale back the layers

Hello April. Showers or none, I welcome you. Open arms. More than you know...

In our personal lives, March was a scary and sad month for W and me. It was at times one of those months that bring you to prayers, the type that you begin to say aloud, and then say aloud several times a day. 

"Look on the sunny side of everything," said Norman Vincent Peale, and no one tried to live this ideal as truer than my mom. His profession aside, he wasn't preachy. Mom wasn't either. They both just believed, deeply believed, in the power of positive thinking.

I was reminded of this in March, along with "Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind." Easy to type, hard to do.

Something in the month's woes put a kink in my normally strong being, and I've found myself tearful. All the time tearful. I should keep tissues nearby kind of tearful: a brief line in a corny movie, song lyrics, one glance of W's huge soulful eyes staring right thru me... 

Today at Easter Brunch a friend asked me about the necklace pendant I wore, a gift to my mom engraved with a biblical quote of importance to her, and tho I kept my watery eyes in check when I explained, it was obvious in my heart that March has not yet exited.

Ready... set...



Norman Vincent Peale
May 31, 1898 -  December 24, 1993





No comments:

Post a Comment