Wednesday, November 7, 2012

750 north st. paul place















Nineteen floors closer to heaven.















Blessed by the generosity of Sardone Construction, I attended Artist vs. Architect, an event featuring works by twenty-four Dallas artists.  Held at 750 N. St. Paul Place, more often referred to as the D Magazine building, the silent auction and friendly competition showcased works in the theme of overcoming poverty.  It was a gala supporting Dwell With Dignity

The exhibit layout was circular, art and architecture presented along windowed walls. 





































Walking in circles has never been such fun! 



I watched a mural evolve throughout the evening.





I people watched.




 














Between laps, I sampled wine served by Buon Vino, and cocktails by Pisco Porton.

I stalked shoes all night.


















I joined in, emptying platters of shrimp dumplings and lobster rolls as quickly as they'd been filled.
















Around and around I went, seeing something new each time.










































I had a couple of favorites.






























Ultimately, I tossed my blue chip into the jar for Jeffrey K Jensen of HKS Architects because I've loved his watercolors for a long time now.  Check out his NYC scenes on his website.
















The sun had set when an artist took the challenge of painting a canvas in eight minutes. The piece was a haunting reminder of the purpose for this evening.































Before leaving, I checked the traffic on the signature wall. 


















I hope everyone was having a great time for a great cause. 

My thanks again to Stephan.














It was a BLAST!







No comments:

Post a Comment