Sunday, February 21, 2021

we were warned

 What I learned from the winter storm that hit Dallas, February 2021.



I just thought 32* was cold.

Wearing the same socks for four straight days isn't so bad.

Proof that one can never have too much pasta in the pantry.

You don't have to be sweet sixteen to wash your hair in the kitchen sink.

I just thought 24* was cold.

Sloppy Joe's aren't just for kids.

It's okay to forgo morning coffee and go straight to champagne.

Neighbors matter.

I just thought 17* was cold.

Four beaten eggs in a 13 inch pan make a nice omelet for two.
I am too old to go down a snowy hill on a cookie sheet.

It's okay to let someone totally pamper me.

I just thought 9* was cold.
Watch backyard birds for the most accurate weather report.

L'oven run a close second to Bay's English muffins.
Never, ever, ever take water for granted.
I just thought 1* was cold.
It is always five o'clock somewhere.






No comments:

Post a Comment